(Reuters) - Swedish biometric firm Fingerprint Cards (FPC) on Friday reported second-quarter operating profit above expectations and said it sees more market share gains as its major Chinese customers contine to capture market share.
* Q2 operating profit rose to SEK 709.7 million ($82.6 million) from 65.5 million a year ago
* Says revenue guidance for 2016 has been narrowed to SEK 7,200 to 8,300 million from previously SEK 7,000-8,500 million
* Guidance is based on an SEK/USD exchange rate of 8.40 compared to 8.30 which was used at Q1 report
* Says revenues in second half of year are expected to grow sequentially in view of strong growth in number of launched smartphones integrating our sensors and in particular in view of Q4's relative share of smartphone market on an annual basis
* Q2 revenues were SEK 1,666 million, up from 445 million in the year-ago period